About Backyard Sports
Founded in 2005, Backyard Sports is a unique, community team sports program based in Westchester County, New York. Our programs, for boys and girls in Pre K through high school, focus on developing and sharpening athletic skills and winning strategies.
Backyard Sports Constitution
- To use the power of sports to change lives and build communities.
- To enable any child, regardless of ability or background to have an enriching athletic experience.
- To act as responsible role models and mentors respectful of the sacred trust extended to us by the players and families who participate in our programs.
- To recognize that competition is a healthy and integral part of athletic participation and to build a winning culture in all of the activities we promote.
- To regard the pursuit of sports is an endeavor that does not need to end after childhood. To promote the process of games, not the results, in order to build a “love of game” and a lifetime devotion to athletic participation.