PREP BASKETBALL COACHES
- Program Director, Backyard Sports
- Two Time New York State Private School State Champion Head Coach
- New York State Small Private School Coach of the Year
- Head Men’s Basketball Coach at Darien, Mamaroneck and Rye Country Day
- Graduate Assistant Coach at the birthplace of basketball, Springfield College
- Awarded Physical Education Teacher of the Year Award, Springfield College
- Helped development of numerous high school players who went on to play at:
- Vanderbilt University
- Boston University
- Loyola University
- Lemoyne College
- Springfield College
- Union College
- Norwich College
- Health Education Instructor, Mamaroneck Public Schools
- Three sport standout at Fox Lane High School (Basketball, Football, Baseball)
- Assistant Coach at Woodlands High School for 7 yrs
- Head Coach at Alexander Hamilton High School for 4 yrs
- Helped Woodlands win two league titles
- Coached Sectional Title at Hamilton in 04'
- Won 3 Sectional Title and a State Title as a player
- Played Division I Basketball
- Associate Director
- B.A., Speech Communication, University of Maryland
Doug never met a sport he didn’t like. Growing up in Westchester County, Doug was always ready for pick-up game of baseball, basketball, football, kickball, soccer or anything else that was being played at school or in the neighborhood. That enthusiasm continued through high school where Doug played Varsity football and Lacrosse.
Doug’s lifelong passion for sports and desire to work with kids lead him to join Backyard Sports. He believes, the positive lessons learned through sports can impact everyone in helping build better communities. Doug lives in Weston, Connecticut with his three children.
Coach Dillon Faulkner
- Backyard Sports Home Field Advantage Coordinator
- B.A., Sport Management, Minor in Communications, SUNY Fredonia
- M.S. Sport Business Management, Manhattanville College (May, 2018)
- Student Assistant Coach, SUNY Fredonia Men’s Basketball
Dillon Faulkner has always been passionate about sports. Growing up in Westchester County, Dillon was competitive in multiple sports, leading him to pursue a degree in Sport Management at SUNY Fredonia.
Dillon quickly became the President and Founder of the Club Basketball team at Fredonia before earning his title as Intramurals Commissioner and Student Assistant Coach of the Men’s basketball team during his final two years at Fredonia. Graduating Summa Cum Laude in May of 2016, Dillon received a B.A. in Sport Management with a Minor in Communications and went on to pursue an M.S. in Sport Business Management from Manhattanville College. Dillon’s passion for sports steered him to Backyard Sports, where he immediately felt right at home.
Coach Dave Boykin
- Dave Boykin is White Plains, NY native.
- He starred as White Plains high school's point guard from 2002-2006
- Played college basketball at Fordham University.
- After two years at Fordham University, Dave transferred to the University of Bridgeport where he won 2 conference championships and managed to score 1,000 points in only 2 seasons
- In 2010, he was named the Scholar-Athlete of year of the ECC. After his college career, he played professional ball in Germany, China, Colombia and most recently Brazil in 2016.
- Coach Boykin has been with Backyard Sports for the past five years and loves teaching young athletes
- Dave has a great demeanor while coaching and serves as a terrific role model to all of our Backyard Sports Athletes.