January - March
Backyard Sports offers an innovative concept in soccer training for boys and girls in 3rd-9th grade. The program combines high level skill instruction with an emphasis on fun and the appropriate life lessons that competitive team sports offer.
Sessions will include progressive skill instruction and modified game play. Emphasis will be placed on ball control, movement and an understanding of the rules of the game. Topics include:
- Competitive league play and skill sessions
- Teams coached by Backyard Sports staff. No outside or parent coaches
- Games played Sundays at Purchase College
- Click here to learn more about our Prep Winter Soccer League
- Click here to learn more about pick-up soccer on thursday afternoons
Our curriculum is uniquely designed to not only teach the tactical aspects of soccer, but allows our players to gain confidence and develop appropriate winning attitudes. Most importantly, our sessions will nurture a love of game which will keep the player involved in the sport for years to come.
Players will receive instruction from teacher coaches and local varsity athletes that are 100% committed to the development of the young athlete. They are uniquely trained to identify and reinforce teachable moments in sport that are often overlooked. Each member of our staff brings passionate energy and wants to be a role model to your son or daughter.